Monday, September 10, 2012

Another bit of concept art for Tales from the Logbook. This time we meet Antilles' apprentice, Lyon Wenham. A sharp tongued idealistic young Jedi from the planet Gamallia.

When I first came up with Lyon, I originally wanted Antilles' apprentice to be an alien. Star Wars has a vast array of aliens and creatures to choose from, but I couldn't find one I really liked. Then the idea to invent my own race of aliens came to mind and I invented the Gamallians. They may look elf-like in appearance, but they are more lizard like, specifically chameleon. They can adapt to their environment to survive. Also, when they are angry, their normally unseen pupil becomes a dark slit across their aquatic green eyes.

I gave him cavalier boots and thigh armor and gauntlets because I've always thought of the character as more of a mounted knight. Who knows, there might even be a bit in the story where Lyon is fighting a Sith lord or someone while mounted on some kind of creature or speeder.

--Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment